White Lotus Distributors LLC (formerly Green Jute LLC) started in 2010 to promote handmade/hand printed clothing and accessories.
Our products are made in India in our own manufacturing facility. We procure fabric from several artisan fabric making communities in India.
Our Fair Trade Principles:
- Adherence to all local laws related to work place safety, compensation, child labor and working conditions.
- Respect the rights of our employees and treat them fairly and ethically
- Demonstrate responsible environmental practices. Compliance with all applicable local laws and regulations for environmental protection.
- Engage in responsible and ethical business dealings with our vendors and customers
- Produce safe products by using sustainable and eco-friendly materials
Our Fair Trade Practices
Wages and Benefits:
We pay our employees fair wages and benefits as required by law. We comply with the minimum wage requirements as well as the prevailing industry wages.
We do not employ children below 14 years of age.
We do not use any forced labor or any other types of compulsory labor
Health and Safety:
We provide our employees with a safe and healthy working environment.
We hire our employees only based on their ability to do their job, rather than on the basis of personal characteristics or beliefs.
Working hours and overtime pay:
We do not require our employees to work more than 50 hours per week. We pay overtime as required by the law.
Promoting eco-friendly materials and manufacturing:
We use only natural, sustainable and eco-friendly materials in our products.
Promoting handmade items:
We partner with small groups of families and artisans to promote hand-made items.